First course starts in:
Secure your place now!
Our Law course
What will you be studying?
- This course focuses on UK law. Students spend the first week looking at the foundations of constitutional law, the philosophy of law, and criminal law.
- Students will not only learn the law as fact but will develop the skills required to criticise and evaluate the law and how it operates in society.
- The second week of the course includes a detailed analysis of the ethical issues surrounding Mental Health Law and assessing the suitability of the law for its purpose.
- This will include answering questions such as:
‘Why can we detain those with mental illness when they have not committed a crime?’ and ‘Should everybody have the capacity to make legally binding decisions?’
What will you leave with?
- Two worksheets with marked feedback
- Personalised report from summer school Tutor
- An understanding of the basics of Law
- In-depth understanding of the Legal industry
- An understanding of studying Law at undergraduate level
- 15 hours of tuition
- 18 hours supervised independent study
- 2 one-to-one tutorials with a tutor, 2 marked essays
- Debating workshop in the Oxford Union
- A full academic report from your tutor
- 10 hours of career talks
- Optional university preparation sessions
Who teaches our Law course?
All of our summer school tutors are trained graduates from Oxford or Cambridge University
Bronte (BA, Cantab)
Bronte studied at the University of Cambridge. She read Law for her undergraduate study and has gone on to specialise in Mental Health Law in her postgraduate studies.
Her research focuses on integrating international mental health law into UK domestic law.
Bronte has taught with the Oxbridge International Summer School previously, as well as volunteering running creative writing groups for children and young adults in central London.
What our students say
We are proud of the experience our students have with us every summer, and how much they value the opportunity to experience student life in Oxford.
"I had an amazing time at Oxbridge! The course itself was very fun and informative, and I've learned a lot more than school could ever teach me. The tutors were very nice and the classes improved my thinking skills."
Yvone, mother of Liz
"The money we spent sending Liz to summer school was a terrific investment and we were delighted with the outcome, thanks to the quality and integrity of the individuals who looked after her and inspired her enormously"
"These two weeks I spent at Oxbridge were some of the best I have had. I met so many wonderful people that I was able to spend many valuable moments with. The academics were very good and I feel it has prepared me for my upcoming school year. "
Starting 7th July
£8,500 total cost
£1,310 deposit to pay today
Note: You'll study 2 different courses on our 4 week summer schools. We'll email you to select your second course.