First course starts in:
Secure your place now!
Our Medicine course
What will you be studying?
- This course is designed for students who are considering or intending to apply to study Biology, Medicine or Biomedical Sciences at university level, including a broad range of topics required for the study of medicine.
- Students explore biological basics in the study of medicine as well as important aspects of considering a career in medicine.
- Students will study the foundations of neurology in order to develop an understanding of how the nervous system operates.
- Best practice for research in the medical field, with a specific focus on epidemiology and public health principles.
What will you leave with?
- Two worksheets with marked feedback
- Personalised report from summer school Tutor
- An understanding of the basics of Medicine
- In-depth understanding of Medical careers
- An understanding of studying Medicine at undergraduate level
- 15 hours of tuition
- 18 hours supervised independent study
- 2 one-to-one tutorials with a tutor, 2 marked essays
- Debating workshop in the Oxford Union
- A full academic report from your tutor
- 10 hours of career talks
- Optional university preparation sessions
Who teaches our Medicine course?
All of our summer school tutors are trained graduates from Oxford or Cambridge University
Alexander (DPhil, Oxon)
Alexander recently finished a DPhil. in the Radcliffe Department of Medicine at the University of Oxford.
His interest in Biology began with an interest in how molecular events result in changes at the organism level.
His research has a broad range of foci, including how the cells that control metabolism are regulated and how we can predict how different people will respond to having a pancreas graft using their genetics and looking at the genetics of autoimmune thyroid disease.
What our students say
We are proud of the experience our students have with us every summer, and how much they value the opportunity to experience student life in Oxford.
"I had an amazing time at Oxbridge! The course itself was very fun and informative, and I've learned a lot more than school could ever teach me. The tutors were very nice and the classes improved my thinking skills."
Yvone, mother of Liz
"The money we spent sending Liz to summer school was a terrific investment and we were delighted with the outcome, thanks to the quality and integrity of the individuals who looked after her and inspired her enormously"
"These two weeks I spent at Oxbridge were some of the best I have had. I met so many wonderful people that I was able to spend many valuable moments with. The academics were very good and I feel it has prepared me for my upcoming school year. "
Starting 7th July
£8500 total cost
£1,310 deposit to pay today
Note: You'll study 2 different courses on our 4 week summer schools. We'll email you to select your second course.