First course starts in:
Secure your place now!
Our Physics course
What will you be studying?
- Students approach the field of physics as a task in problem-solving with the course introducing them to a range of useful problem-solving strategies and approaches.
- Students use real physical situations as motivation, and the scientific history and location of Oxford as inspiration.
- Learn about how forces operate in equilibrium, the field of dynamics and kinematics, and how energy is transferred.
- An introduction to quantum mechanics and relativity theory, and the contradiction between them.
What will you leave with?
- Two worksheets with marked feedback
- Personalised report from summer school Tutor
- An understanding of the basics of Physics at university level
- In-depth understanding of careers open to Physics graduates
- An understanding of studying Physics at undergraduate level
- 15 hours of tuition
- 18 hours supervised independent study
- 2 one-to-one tutorials with a tutor, 2 marked essays
- Debating workshop in the Oxford Union
- A full academic report from your tutor
- 10 hours of career talks
- Optional university preparation sessions
Who teaches our Physics course?
All of our summer school tutors are trained graduates from Oxford or Cambridge University
Rupert (MA, PGCE, Oxon)
Rupert completed an undergraduate degree in Mathematics and Philosophy from the University of Oxford, before going on to study a PGCE (a teaching qualification), also at Oxford.
He has extensive teaching experience, and places much emphasis in his course on problem-solving, with students being encouraged to use this approach as an opportunity to discover new aspects of physics, and think about the physical world around them in creative and interesting ways.
Rupert is also Director of KEEN, an Oxford-based charity focused around giving opportunities to children and adults with physical or learning disabilities.
What our students say
We are proud of the experience our students have with us every summer, and how much they value the opportunity to experience student life in Oxford.
"I had an amazing time at Oxbridge! The course itself was very fun and informative, and I've learned a lot more than school could ever teach me. The tutors were very nice and the classes improved my thinking skills."
Yvone, mother of Liz
"The money we spent sending Liz to summer school was a terrific investment and we were delighted with the outcome, thanks to the quality and integrity of the individuals who looked after her and inspired her enormously"
"These two weeks I spent at Oxbridge were some of the best I have had. I met so many wonderful people that I was able to spend many valuable moments with. The academics were very good and I feel it has prepared me for my upcoming school year. "
Starting 7th July
£8,500 total cost
£1,310 deposit to pay today
Note: You'll study 2 different courses on our 4 week summer schools. We'll email you to select your second course.