First course starts in:
Secure your place now!
Learn more about our Psychology course
What will you be studying?
- You'll be answering questions such as :'Why do women tend to have less confidence in their maths ability than men?' Why do young boys and girls often choose ‘male’ action figures or ‘female’ pink barbies?'
- You'll spend your independent study time to write a presentation using a theoretical approach such as 'cognitive' or 'behaviourist' approach in order to explain observable human behaviour.
- You will address questions of ethics, psychiatry, and mental health law
- There is a focus on psychopathology, encouraging students to be critical and evaluative of the way mental illness is treated in society.
What will you leave with?
- Two worksheets with marked feedback
- Personalised report from summer school Tutor
- An understanding of the basics of Psychology
- In-depth understanding of careers available to Psychology graduates
- An understanding of studying Psychology at undergraduate level
- 15 hours of tuition
- 18 hours supervised independent study
- 2 one-to-one tutorials with a tutor, 2 marked essays
- Debating workshop in the Oxford Union
- A full academic report from your tutor
- 10 hours of career talks
- Optional university preparation sessions
Who teaches our Psychology course?
All of our summer school tutors are trained graduates from Oxford or Cambridge University
Matthew (BA, MSc, MRes, Oxon)
Matthew studies for his D. Phil in the Department of Experimental Psychology at the University of Oxford. His research looks at the way humans trust each other and interact in groups. He is interested in why we form 'echo chambers' and make friends with those who hold the same opinion as us.
Matthew tutors undergraduate students across all years of their study at the University and has a wide range of teaching experience using the Oxbridge style of tutorials.
He has also previously taught with the Oxbridge International Summer School in 2018.
What our students say
We are proud of the experience our students have with us every summer, and how much they value the opportunity to experience student life in Oxford.
"I had an amazing time at Oxbridge! The course itself was very fun and informative, and I've learned a lot more than school could ever teach me. The tutors were very nice and the classes improved my thinking skills."
Yvone, mother of Liz
"The money we spent sending Liz to summer school was a terrific investment and we were delighted with the outcome, thanks to the quality and integrity of the individuals who looked after her and inspired her enormously"
"These two weeks I spent at Oxbridge were some of the best I have had. I met so many wonderful people that I was able to spend many valuable moments with. The academics were very good and I feel it has prepared me for my upcoming school year. "
Starting 7th July
£8,500 total cost
£1,310 deposit to pay today
Note: You'll study 2 different courses on our 4 week summer schools. We'll email you to select your second course.