Computer Science and Coding
Apply NowBack to courses page
How can you code your own software? How can you get started programming with text? What do developments in artificial intelligence mean for humans?
If questions like these interest you, you may be suited to our Coding summer school course.
Students on our Coding course not only learn the 'Python' coding language, but use this to develop their own software.
Our Computer Science and Coding course
What will you be studying?
- The ‘Python’ coding language, learning how to use it to develop their own software.
- Regular expressions and how to maximise their utility when programming with text.
- Multivariate Linear Regression and the problems associated with attempting to predict multiple variables.
- Developments in the software industry, such as artificial intelligence and web development,
What will you leave with?
- Two worksheets with marked feedback
- Personalised report from summer school Tutor
- An understanding of the basics of Coding and Computer Science
- In-depth understanding of the software development industry
- An understanding of studying Coding at undergraduate level
- 15 hours of tuition
- 18 hours supervised independent study
- 2 one-to-one tutorials with a tutor, 2 marked essays
- Debating workshop in the Oxford Union
- A full academic report from your tutor
- 10 hours of career talks
- Optional university preparation sessions
Who teaches our Computer Science and Coding course?
All of our summer school tutors are trained graduates from Oxford or Cambridge University
Daniel graduated with a first-class degree in Mathematics from the University of Cambridge in 2011.
Following this, Daniel worked for 4 years as a Software Engineer at HP, where he specialised in natural language processing.
Daniel has tutored on the Oxbridge International Summer School for three years, focusing on both Engineering and Coding. He has also provided one-to-one admissions support to students aiming for Oxford and Cambridge for a number of years.
What our students say
We are proud of the experience our students have with us every summer, and how much they value the opportunity to experience student life in Oxford.
"I had an amazing time at Oxbridge! The course itself was very fun and informative, and I've learned a lot more than school could ever teach me. The tutors were very nice and the classes improved my thinking skills."
Yvone, mother of Liz
"The money we spent sending Liz to summer school was a terrific investment and we were delighted with the outcome, thanks to the quality and integrity of the individuals who looked after her and inspired her enormously"
"These two weeks I spent at Oxbridge were some of the best I have had. I met so many wonderful people that I was able to spend many valuable moments with. The academics were very good and I feel it has prepared me for my upcoming school year. "
Apply now for Computer Science and Coding
Applications are now open to join our 2020 Oxford summer school.
You can apply for a 2 week course in Computer Science and Coding, or a 4 week course in Computer Science and Coding and one other subject.