Apply NowRequest Further Information
How do changes in energy, pressure and temperature make engines work? How can we use transistors and LEDs? What is complexity theory?
If questions like these interest you, you may be suited to our Engineering summer school course.
Students on our Engineering course not only learn the facts of Engineering, but will develop the skills required to be able to analyse how Engineering works in society.
Our Engineering course
What will you be studying?
- The general function of engines, looking at changes in energy, pressure, temperature and state.
- Semiconductor physics and its real-life application in devices such as transistors and LEDs.
- Beam deflection, looking at the mathematical understanding of integration and geometry in relation to this.
- Lastly, constant-acceleration kinematics are explored, and the basics of complexity theory and dimensional analysis are introduced.
What will you leave with?
- Two worksheets with marked feedback
- Personalised report from summer school Tutor
- An understanding of the basics of Engineering
- In-depth understanding of the Engineering industry
- An understanding of studying Engineering at undergraduate level
- 15 hours of tuition
- 18 hours supervised independent study
- 2 one-to-one tutorials with a tutor, 2 marked essays
- Debating workshop in the Oxford Union
- A full academic report from your tutor
- 10 hours of career talks
- Optional university preparation sessions
Who teaches our Engineering course?
All of our summer school tutors are trained graduates from Oxford or Cambridge University
Daniel graduated with a first-class degree in Mathematics from the University of Cambridge in 2011.
Following this, Daniel worked for 4 years as a Software Engineer at HP, where he specialised in natural language processing.
Daniel has tutored on the Oxbridge International Summer School for three years, focusing on both Engineering and Coding. He has also provided one-to-one admissions support to students aiming for Oxford and Cambridge for a number of years.
What our students say
We are proud of the experience our students have with us every summer, and how much they value the opportunity to experience student life in Oxford.
"I had an amazing time at Oxbridge! The course itself was very fun and informative, and I've learned a lot more than school could ever teach me. The tutors were very nice and the classes improved my thinking skills."
Yvone, mother of Liz
"The money we spent sending Liz to summer school was a terrific investment and we were delighted with the outcome, thanks to the quality and integrity of the individuals who looked after her and inspired her enormously"
"These two weeks I spent at Oxbridge were some of the best I have had. I met so many wonderful people that I was able to spend many valuable moments with. The academics were very good and I feel it has prepared me for my upcoming school year. "
Apply now for Engineering
Applications are now open to join our 2020 summer school.
You can apply for a 2 week course in Engineering, or a 4 week course in Engineering and one other subject.